We Guide gTLDs in Becoming a SUCCESS!
From strategic planning, pricing, target markets, registar relations, premium domain name pricing to managing all of the components for a successful launch, we have the gTLD expertise and diverse experience in dealing with all of the day-to-day registry operations.
We specialize in developing gTLD business strategies, launch management and operations of new gTLDs.
Who We Are
Christa Taylor provides gTLD expertise in strategic planning, launch insights and daily operations of TLDs. She has supported various TLDs in their strategic planning and decisions leading up to and during their launch. Daily operations, promotions, registrar engagement and premium names for a variety of TLDs including .LOVE, .ARCHI, .BIO, .OOO. Christa has applied her expertise to the business plans to over 50 ICANN Applicants in their ICANN applications including financial modelling and commentary, clarifying questions, auction valuations and presentations to investors/Board of Directors to raise/justify investment in their TLD.
Before launching dotTBA, she was a consultant to a multitude of start-up ventures from oil exploration to collaboration software solution companies, managed million dollar online e-commerce sites, protection of highly valued domain names and was the President and CFO of Poker.com Inc on NASDAQ OTC BB. She has years of experience in the domain, software industry from small to large corporations and has provided strategic planning and vision to numerous Internet start-up ventures.
- MBA in e-commerce
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA, CMA)
- Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech)
- President & CFO of Poker.com Inc. (a NASDAQ publicly traded company)
- Skillful in start-ups, business development & strategy
- 10+ Years in the domain industry representing public and private individuals
- Coordinating the delegation of the TLD
- Developing custom solutions to manage community applications with reserved names
- Communicating with ICANN on all registry related information
- Developing user policies
- Building a registry store to sell new gTLDs
- Expanding premium name strategy & pricing
- Generating promotional strategies
- Uncovering & penetrating niche markets
- TLD business valuations used in legal suits
Financial & Operational Readiness
- Financially Complaint re: audit requirements
- Resource Planning
- Determining business valuation for lawsuits
Business Planning, Modelling, Marketing Strategy
- Pricing Strategy
- TLD portfolio analysis
- Auction Valuations & Strategy
- Financing Options
- Developing ‘sticky’ marketing strategies
Other Notable Accomplishments
- 100% success in the passing of all supported gTLD ICANN applicants and Clarifying Questions
- Developed in-depth project plans and tasks to ensure the smooth launch of new TLDs from ICANN approval through Sunrise and Landrush into General Availability
- Lead strategic workshops on TLDs
- Turned a corporation from a net loss position to a net profit position in less than a year
- Increased a corporate share value by over 400% for a public company
- Lead and managed launch of software resulting in a significant increase in revenues
- Developed and prepared monthly operations review, investigated and determined courses of action as necessary
- Provided operational and financial insight to various development project teams and presented financial and operational data in support of analysis, alternatives and recommendations
- Developed performance measures and tracked results against the scorecard and business plan
- Provided investor information to the company’s shareholders
- Led an international team of finance professionals to complete a draft budget in a three-week period for over forty cost centers in eight countries. This resulted in achieving the company’s target of a 30% cost reduction
dotTBA provides Top Generic Level Domain gTLD expertise and support for ICANN Applicants in their strategy, launch and daily operations.
Industry interviews and Presentations
- New gTLD statistics and Business Implications – NamesCon View Presentation
- Would you blow $5.6m to own a dot-word?
- Time for Auction?
- How you can (and can’t) justify recent Top Level Domain auction prices?
- Implementation Advisory Group for Competition, Consumer Trust & Consumer Choice View Reports
- ICANN Round Table
gTLD Expertise in Future gTLD Applications
If you are waiting for the second gTLD application round and want to be added to our list, please e-mail us and we’ll notify you as soon as its announced by ICANN.
For future gTLD application rounds, .TBA provides gTLD expertise through each step within the application process:
- Feasibility Study
- Cost Benefit Analysis
- Market Research
- Vendor Analysis